The Audrey Beth Lender Hebrew School at Congregation Sons of Israel offers a boutique Hebrew School experience. Classes are small; instruction is informal and engaging. We believe in the inclusion model of education, and our excellent teacher to student ratio allows for the encouragement of all types of learners.
Our innovative scheduling enables students flexibility with their secular school extra-curriculars and other interests. Our Kindergarten/1st grade class meets on Saturday morning. Our 2nd/3rd grade, 4th/5th grade and 6th/7th/8th grade classes meet on Saturday morning and Wednesday afternoon. See Hebrew School Information Flyer (link is above) for full details, including schedules and fees.
Our School’s mission is to provide a positive Jewish educational experience in a supportive environment that fosters a strong Jewish identity and pride in our shared culture and heritage.
Our mission is accomplished by:
- Developing and maintaining a caring and involved Jewish community of clergy, teachers, parents and students.
- Implementing a curriculum that is stimulating, relevant, integrated and age appropriate.
- Requiring that students achieve a level of competence in the following areas so that they can participate meaningfully in the Jewish community throughout their lives:
- Reading Hebrew
- Participating in religious services
- Understanding the meaning and traditions of the Jewish holidays
- Acquiring knowledge in Jewish history, Jewish culture and heritage, and current events