We’d love to have you join us as members. Our members are diverse; we range in age and in level of observance. As Rockland County’s only “Big Tent” congregation, we welcome interfaith and LGBTQ families and singles.
The benefits of membership? Almost too many to list! However, the biggest benefit is Community — we are here for you as much as you are here for us. But why join Congregations Sons of Israel? Consider…
- A warm, welcoming egalitarian Conservative congregation.
- High Holiday tickets included in membership.
- Interfaith families and LGBTQ are welcome.
- On-site Jewish Preschool of the Nyacks for our 2, 3 and 4 year olds, with reduced fees for members.
- On-site Fun and Sun program, our new summer day camp-like program for 1 through 4 year olds, with reduced fees for members.
- Boutique, innovative Hebrew School with small classes and individualized Hebrew instruction.
- Tot Shabbat every Shabbat morning for your little ones.
- Family Shabbat service once each month for our families with young children.
- An extensive Adult Education program. Members benefit from reduced registration fees.
- A full calendar of programs and events — educational, social and spiritual — throughout the year. Many are free; for those programs with a fee, members enjoy a reduced rate.
- Friendly (and active!) Sisterhood and Men’s Club.
- Caring Community, which supports members in times of simcha and sorrow.
- Individualized bar and bat mitzvah training.
- Lifecycle events such as baby naming, funeral, wedding, shiva services.
- Beautiful Temple Israel Memorial Park offers burial plots at reduced rates to members.
- Yahrzeit date notification.
- Many opportunities for volunteering.
We’re building new traditions on the shoulders of the long-standing ones. Experience them with us! Join us and help to build new traditions. Contact our Office at (845) 358-3767 or email@example.com to arrange a visit or inquire about membership.
We offer a number of membership options:
- Flexible New Membership Initiative (New Members Only):
Option #1: First year Membership dues FREE
Option #2: 50% Membership dues for first TWO years
- Family Membership. Extended to married couples/partners with or without children. Unmarried children until their 23rd birthday are included in Family Membership.
- Associate Membership. Extended to married couple/partners, both of whom are under age 40 with no children in grade 3 or above. Associate Membership may be held for a maximum of three years. It also terminates when either spouse/partner reaches age 40, or the oldest child reaches 3rd grade.
- Individual Membership. Extended to single Jewish adults with or without dependents. Single children until their 23rd birthday are included in Individual Membership.
- Senior Citizen Membership. For congregants age 67 and over. For couples/partners, at least one spouse/partner must be 67 years of age or older.
- Young Adult Out of Town Membership. Extended to the child of a current member, who lives beyond a 30-mile radius (inclusive of New York City) from the synagogue and is between the ages of 23 and 30
- Young Adult 23 to 30 Membership. Extended to 23 to 30 year olds who live in the area. Separate rates for singles and couples, but without children in grade 3 or above.
- Young Adult 31 to 40 Membership. Extended to 31 to 40 year olds who live in the area and who have no children in grade 3 or above.
- Long Distance/Out of Town Membership. Extended to members of the Congregation who have relocated and are living beyond a 60-mile radius from the synagogue but desire to maintain a connection with the synagogue.
At CSI we believe strongly that financial constraints should not be a barrier to membership. We invite you to contact our Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (845) 358-3767, for a confidential appointment if finances need to be discussed.