Make a Donation
CSI has general and endowed funds.
Members are invited to contribute to our funds to ensure both our on-going needs are provided for and for future needs. Our membership dues do not cover all our expenses. Through our members’ generosity, we are able to continue to remain strong, viable and relevant.
Donations in honor of and in memory of are gratefully accepted and sincerely appreciated.
To make a donation, you may send a check to CSI at 300 North Broadway, Upper Nyack, NY 10960, or to make a donation through our PayPal page, click Donate Here.
- The General Fund is overseen by our Treasurer, and is the main account at CSI where all received membership and pledges unless specified are deposited. Also all bills are paid from this account.
- Both Sisterhood and Men’s Club have their own funds that support the programs they run, and both help support events and programs at CSI. These funds are managed by the respective presidents of each group.
- Ritual Fund. This fund specifically supports ritual events at CSI, including such tasks as purchasing prayer books, repair of our Torahs and other related items and events. This fund has been merged into the General fund, but is still maintained as a separate line item for accounting purposes.
- Rabbi’s Discretionary Fund. This fund accepts donations that will be used solely at the discretion of the Rabbi. As examples, monies donated to the Discretionary Fund may be used to support a member in need or to pay for a special program or event that will be meaningful to the Congregation but is outside our budget.
- Cantor’s Discretionary Fund. This fund accepts donations that will be used solely at the discretion of the Cantor. As examples, monies donated to the Discretionary Fund may be used to provide musical programs or to provide support for a musical event that will be meaningful to the Congregation.
- Building Fund. As part of membership, new members pay into this Fund over a period of years. Monies in this Fund are used for capital building expenses.
CSI has several endowed funds, each with its own purpose. The endowed funds are under the stewardship of the Finance Committee, which reports to the Board of Trustees.
- Trachtenberg Fund. This Fund is used to support teen travel to Israel by providing cash to supplement the costs involved. Teens are encouraged to submit an essay to apply for the grant.
- Degenshein Fund. This Fund is used to provide scholarships based on financial need to our Hebrew School.
- Lender Fund. This Fund was established at the time our old Hebrew School building was renovated and named in memory of Audrey Lender.
- The Centennial or Second Century Fund. This Fund was established over 20 years ago, at the time of our Centennial. Its original purpose was for general maintenance of the physical plant; it has now been expanded to include general support of CSI. The goal going forward is to make this Fund the cornerstone of the endowed funds of CSI, and it is hoped that more contributions will be made by more members.