Our Committees & Auxiliaries
CSI has any number of entry points for you to become involved in our wonderful Community.
One way to become active is to join a committee or one of our auxiliaries:
- Men’s Club helps where needed at synagogue events, sponsors speakers at periodic breakfasts, provides social opportunities for men in the Congregation. For a list of Men's Club events, go to Men's Club Events.
- Sisterhood provides social and educational events for women year-round and sponsors our Kiddush lunches on Shabbat. For a list of the events planned for the 2012-2013 year, go to Sisterhood Events.
- Habonim provides social, cultural and spiritual opportunities and programs for our members age 50 years and over.
- Membership promotes activities to increase membership, receives applications for membership and presents them for action by the Board of Trustees, makes new members feel welcome and engaged.
- Chesed serves members in need, supports and congratulates.
- House and Grounds is charged with the upkeep and maintenance of the synagogue buildings, supervises repairs as well as capital improvements, oversees the care of the synagogue grounds.
- Social Action seeks ways for members to reach out to and assist where needed in the community at large.
- Ritual seeks ways to enrich our Shabbat and Holiday services, works with the Rabbi to formulate rules and regulations for our religious services.
- Cemetery manages our quiet, affordable cemetery Temple Israel Memorial Park in Blauvelt, NY.
- Hebrew School Board supports our Hebrew School programs as needed.
- Keruv (Outreach) works to make our synagogue welcoming to interfaith families and provides support as appropriate to the non-Jewish spouse/partner.
- Finance makes periodic reviews of synagogue’s financial activities and Funds, develops and proposes the annual budget.
- Fundraising and Programming recommends and administers programs and functions to raise additional funds for the Congregation and to foster relationships among members.
- Communications and Publicity communicates with the outside community to publicize events and programs at the synagogue, maintains and updates the Congregation’s Web site.
If you're interested in volunteering to serve on any of these committees, we'd love to hear from you. Contact the Office at firstname.lastname@example.org